Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What is it with New Yorkers, anyway??

What I want to know is, why does everyone who lives within about 50 miles of New York act the way they do?

I work in a customer service call center, and we all hate calls from NY and northern NJ - there are certainly exceptions, but with many, MANY callers the premise of everything they say seems to be that my only desire in life is to cheat them out of what is rightfully theirs.

They are blunt, demanding, tactless, and display a bottomless sense of entitlement.

When I talk to folks like that, my approach is the following: "What is the minimum I'm required to do - by law - to help this person?"

On the other hand, if I'm talking to some sweet little old lady in Iowa who's practically in tears because her product is confusing her, I will walk through the fires of hell to make her as happy as I possibly can. No sacrifice is too great. I'll end the call by giving her a nice, big coupon for her next order.

No comments:

Post a Comment