Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Back to School

I have recently decided to return to school, at Diablo Valley Community College in Pleasant Hill, California. I made this decision because I want to use the talents God gave me to try and make the world a better place; my talents are along intellectual lines.

I find I am distressed by the lack of quality intellectual discourse, and a general coarsening of dialogue in our society. I believe this is partly due to the loss of knowledge of how our society traditionally communicates and persuades. So, I aim to get a broad liberal arts education, in sort of the 19th Century sense of the phrase; Latin, Greek, Philosophy and Rhetoric, plus the foundational literary works of Western civilization (Aristophanes, Homer, Virgil, Aeschylus, etc.)



No comments:

Post a Comment